Wash mitts can wrap around curved objects and get into tight spaces that a brush cannot reach, which makes them perfect for cleaning bow rails, T-tops, under gunnel areas and hatches. At Boat Lover’s Towel, our wash mitt is made from a unique blend of wool, polyester and nylon that holds soap and water longer than other mitts. This allows you to reduce the number of times you bend over and dip your mitt into the soap bucket, so you save time — and your back.
Our proprietary wool blend encapsulates dirt, prevents swirls and helps remove soil and buildup. It dramatically reduces hairline scratches on your boat’s finish. If you plan to use your wash mitt for several applications, we suggest that you purchase more than one. Designate one mitt for each application so you don’t scratch your boat surface with particles stuck in the wash mitt from other uses. For the perfect wash/dry combination, pair our wash mitt with The Absorber.
Wash Mitt Benefits
- Holds an incredible amount of water
- Removes soils effectively and gently
- Safe on all finishes
- Professional grade
- Knit acrylic cuff has double-stitched seams for added strength
How to Use
- Remove loose dirt by rinsing the area with water from a hose.
- Fill a bucket with water and soap.
- Use the wash mitt to apply soap, working from the top down.
- Clean small areas at a time, rinsing each area immediately so the soap doesn’t dry and leave a film.
- Don't scrub too hard; let the soap do the work.
- Rinse the wash mitt in your bucket as often as necessary.
- For the final rinse, let water run down from the hose (with nozzle removed); this helps prevent beading and spotting.
- Use soap specially made for cleaning boats; household cleaners can damage boat surfaces.
- Keep your wash mitt in top condition by rinsing after each use.
- The wash mitt is machine washable.